Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cover Letter

September 29, 2009
SheKnows LLC
16101 North 82nd Street, Suite A-9
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Re: Associate Editor
Dear employer:
I will be graduating from Bloomsburg University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism and a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. Over the past four years, I have taken courses in feature writing, newswriting, and copyediting. I noticed in your job description that you are looking for someone with experience in word and excel. Since I have successfully taught others to use these programs and used them for all of my journalistic and sociological work, I would be able to start right away on your site. I was a staff writer for The Voice, the Bloomsburg University paper, and I was the copy editor for Spectrum Magazine, a community publication for the permanent residents of the surrounding counties, where I edited AP Style, grammar, and spelling errors as well as structural edits regarding positioning of content for 21 staff members.
I have enclosed my resume with my qualifications, and I would like to meet with you to discuss your open associate editor position. If you wish to contact me for an interview, my information is below.

Sincerely,
Martha Harris
Bloomsburg University
JKA C209 Box 8115
Bloomsburg, Pa 17815
814-330-7859
mch26485@huskies.bloomu.edu

Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment